Savorfull loved to hear that Small Batch Detroit offers real-world employment and career opportunities for Detroit Food Academy high school graduates. These students have an overwhelming passion for local food, the city of Detroit, and entrepreneurship… just like our CEO Stacy and her team! Small Batch Detroit craftily designed six different uniquely flavored Mitten Bites including Dark Chocolate + Peanut Butter, Blueberry + Lavender, Rhubarb + Ginger, Apple + Cinnamon, Dark Chocolate + Raspberry, and Cranberry + Date. These nutrient dense bars are packed with organic and local ingredients that will keep you feeling fueled for your day. Mitten Bites are proudly made without using preservatives or additives. These scrumptious bars make a valuable addition to your workday with protein amounts ranging from 3-5 g, 3 g of fiber, and a healthy source of fats. The best part? The Savorfull team was overjoyed to find out that Mitten Bites are free-from wheat, soy, and dairy!
Here are our Nutritionist Stacy Goldberg’s top 5 favorite ways to use Mitten Bites:
- Mitten Bites Yogurt bars: Use your favorite Greek or Icelandic yogurt to create a thick layer on top of any flavored mitten bite. Place in freezer for 20 minutes. We suggest: Blueberry and Lavender Mitten Bites covered with plain greek yogurt and blueberries.
- Drizzle your Mitten Bites with dark chocolate for an easy and delicious dessert. Use the Mitten Bites Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter and add dip it in a coating of melted dark chocolate. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Yogurt Parfait: Crumble any Mitten Bites granola snack over your favorite yogurt. Add fresh fruit: we love using the Rhubarb and Ginger Mitten Bites and adding fresh strawberries!
- Baked Apples with Apple and Cinnamon Mitten Bites: Sprinkle ¼ tsp cinnamon and 1 crumbled mitten bite over a sliced red apple. Place in a microwave safe dish, cover with 1 tsp of water and heat for 2 minutes for an easy delicious fall treat.
- Mitten Bite PB+J: Spread your favorite nut butter and jam on top of any Mitten Bite to make an instant, hearty PB and J!
Check out Mitten Bites now featured at Savorfull!